Show Internet Header

 Does Montana accept reciprocity of an out-of-state license?Postmark
Home • Directors • Does Montana accept reciprocity of an out-of-state license?
From:Friday, April 18, 2008 9:16 AM -0600
Subject:Does Montana accept reciprocity of an out-of-state license? 
April 17, 2008

Educators holding a current, valid teaching license or certificate from another state in an area approved for endorsement in Montana may be eligible for licensure in Montana if they have completed an NCATE or state accredited professional educator preparation program, to include student teaching or one year of teaching experience as a fully licensed teacher.

Application materials and information is available at or by calling 406-444-3150.Montana will offer reciprocity if you hold a current professional teaching credential and you have completed a teacher education program from either an NCATE or state board approved institution that includes student teaching.
You will find instructions on how to apply as an out-of-state license holder in the application packet on Educator Licensure's web page at

Other Q and A can be found at:, click on Get Answers, then search the term  "licensure".

This posting is from a discussion at CEC.

Doug Doty
Division of Special Education

Montana's Education Telecommunications Network
Montana Office of Public Instruction
Elsie Arntzen, Superintendent